Sealing Wefts: Top Questions and Answers
If I seal my wefts and I get a sew in, can i still wash my scalp with the hair still in without messing up the glue on the wefts?
- Yes because the glue is already hard and once you sew it in it wont be able to come out
Do I need to seal both sides ?
- Yes because if you don't one side is going to shed more than the other
Do I need to glue around the tract if its a sew-in?
- No glue before installing. Only glue under the track and not on the track
What's the difference between a weft sealer, fray sealer and fabric sealer
- Weft sealer is for sealing the weft
- fray check is for sealing the fabric and to keep it from fraying
- Fabric sealer seals dust pollen dustmite - I don't recommend
Hey can I seal the wefts while my hair is still wet after conditioning?
- No it has to be dry. If its not the hair wont hold because the weft seal is a liquid
What's the best weft sealer to use?
- All brands are the same. I haven't used one I like the best. Some stores run out. I've used all of them over the years and there is no difference
Can you seal wefts on a already constructed wig?
- No because the glue isn't going to be on the weft its going to be on the cap
If my weft is not over-laped .. do i need to seal the weft twice on the top or is there no need ?
- It definantly needs to be sealed
Do I need to co-wash my weave before or after I have weft-sealed my weave and is that done before sealed weft or after?
- Co-wash before then air dry and weft seal
Is it ok to sew in my hair after the glue dries?
- Yes because it is dry
I don't use a cap and I sew directly to my braids. is that safe?
- Yes because its more secure that way
Can you seal a silk base closure?
- Only around the closure
Do Fray Checks wash off when it gets wet?.
- Its clear so you cant see it.
After co-washing the hair do i need to wait for the wefts to dry before sealing?
- Yes because the weft sealer is a liquid and needs to be dry in order to work
After u condition the hair does it have to be dry before u start to seal your wefts?
Do I need to seal wefts to make clip ins?
I would reccomend it so that it sheds less
Should I seal after every-time I wash my hair?
- No every 3rd time you re-use your hair, reseal it
Do I wash the hair first then seal then color.
- Color, Wash, Seal
Can you seal wefts with super glue?
- Yes under the weft
Do I seal one side first and wait for that to dry before I do the other side?
Can you color hair if I applied fray check already?
What is the recommended heat for clip in hair (remy hair)
Will the fray seal get affected from hair dye?
What does it mean to split the track?
- Taking a razor or scissors and cutting the track left to right all the way through to make 2 parts
If you seal your wefts and deep condition the hair in the microwave is it safe?
- Yes but I don't recommend that method
If i wash the hair with sealant in my head will it wash away?
- I don't recommend using sealant
After you co wash do you dry the hair and then color?
- Color, Dry, Co-wash
Is it okay to use the nail polish?
- I don't recommend
How do i let the weft seal dry before installing?
- Air dry
Already installed the hair and now im getting shedding and i dont know if i shoould put the weft sealer on the weft in my hair idk HELP...would the weft sealer damage my hair
- Its always better to weft seal before installing so it will not damage your hair.
Is it a good idea to split virgin hair?
- No it will shed more
I added too much glue and now the tract is hard, can i unseal the weft?
Can you blow dry the sealed wefts to dry them faster ?
Do i need to weft seal the top & the sides?..
- Under the tracks on both sides
What is a weft
- the track that keeps the hair together
What is the purpose of weft sealing
- To prevent your hair from having excess shedding
When sealing the wefts how long does it take to dry
- 15-20 min
When completing an install from start to finish, in what order do the steps go as it relates to sealing?
- Co-wash, Dry, Weft-seal, Install
Do you seal the wefts before or after you cut them?
- Before and after
Will sealing the wefts make the hair hard?
- Yes but under the weft and not on the weft
Can you still glue the tracks after the wefts have been sealed
Can you seal the wefts on hair that has been previously installed/used
What is slitting the wefts?
- Cutting your bundles in 2
Is the method for sealing the wefts the same no matter the type of track used?